Register    Login    Search    FAQ

Portal » Board index » Vengeance » English Version

Post subject: Production
 Post Posted: Tue 26. Feb 2013, 15:55 
God of the Arena
God of the Arena

Spartacus series creator Steven S. DeKnight said in an interview, There are a "couple of very strong candidates" for the role of Spartacus, and season two should begin production in New Zealand in April 2011. DeKnight added that the Spartacus producers and Starz executives weren't always sure they would go forward without Andy Whitfield, who they said had brought "gravity and heart" to the role of the famous warrior. "It's unheard of to recast your titular character in a television show, and we did a lot of soul searching about whether we even wanted to try", DeKnight said. "And then Andy [Whitfield] said, 'I really think the show should go forward without me. I give you the blessing. I want this story told.'"
On 17 January 2011, it was announced that Australian film and TV actor Liam McIntyre had been selected to replace Whitfield.
On 26 February 2011 interview with Entertainment Weekly, DeKnight revealed that the second season was set to air "the end of January" 2012. Additionally, he revealed that Lesley-Ann Brandt, the actress who portrayed the slave Naevia, would also not be able to return for season 2 due to the delay in production.
On 1 August 2011, Starz released a trailer indicating the new series would premiere in January 2012.

Post subject:
  Posted: Tue 26. Feb 2013, 15:55 

Portal » Board index » Vengeance » English Version